Saturday, September 17, 2005

Big Yellow Wisdom

Locally, there has been much talk about community, and nationally, much talk about hurricanes. I thought I would share some of Big Bird's wisdom on these topics! While watching Sesame Street with my daughter today, Big Bird shared some of his great wisdom. A few episodes ago, Big Bird's nest had been blown away by a hurricane. Fortunally, his friends swooped in to help by taking care of him. In this episode, he rebuilt his nest with the help of his friends. It was a great thing they did. As they are all gathered around the new nest, Big Bird sings them a song that went something like this:

"My Granny says,
'Friends stay friends
by the little things
they do for each other.'
Thanks for my nest, Pals.
The next hurricane I'll help you.
Thank you, thank you,
thank you for being my friends."

I wonder if his Granny had been reading Proverbs regularly?

Friends love through all kinds of weather,
and families stick together in all kinds of trouble.
Proverbs 17:17 (The Message)

No comments: